I get festive during Christmas and have the tendency to bake, but for some reason my baking has not been going well this year. Thankfully, no bake balls are super easy and Genuine Health’s new fermented vegan proteins+ powder was the perfect base for this. Their chocolate protein has a rich taste and fudgy consistency so it really is perfect for this recipe (it consists of pea and brown rice protein which I don’t find ideal for baking).
My no-bake protein powerballs were easy to make, delicious, and a HUGE hit at FITSANITY’s potluck. I’ve made plenty of no-bake balls before, but this was my best yet. It has the perfect combination of protein, carbs, and fats — great as a snack, pre-workout, post-workout…you choose.
You gotta try this…you’ll thank me
Makes 25 balls
2 scoops Genuine Health chocolate fermented vegan proteins+ powder
1/2 cup quick cook oats
1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut + 1/2 cup in a separate bowl
1/3 cup carob chips
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/4 cup hemp seeds
3/4 cup raw honey
1/2 cup almond butter
2 tbsp coconut oil
1. Melt coconut oil and mix the wet ingredients in a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients then slowly pour it into the wet combination, stirring as you do.
3. Taste the dough! You can add more honey or chocolate chips if you want it sweeter (alternatively, you can add 1-2 drops of stevia).
4. Roll into 1 inch balls with your hands and into the shredded coconut. Place into dessert cups or on parchment paper.
5. Let cool in the fridge for at least 2hrs (overnight is best). It will harden and turn chewy.
ENJOY this delicious, chewy, crunchy, energizing protein powerballs!